Are you one of the many homeowners that are putting up with a drab and dreary bathroom? It’s time for a change. One way to do that is to install a frameless shower door or glass enclosure. These doors are one of the most cost-effective ways to transform the appearance of your bathroom. They are also fully customizable and easy to maintain. Your bathroom will feel airy and spacious regardless of its square footage with a glass enclosure. It can make your bathroom feel brand new.
What is Tempered Glass?
Is it safe to install a huge sheet of glass in your bathroom? Yes! It is safe because glass shower enclosures are made of tempered glass. This glass is about four times stronger than conventional glass because of the unique way it’s created. First, it’s heated intensely and is then cooled down quickly. This process makes it super useful and gives it a unique structure. Tempered glass will break away in a “safe way” by shattering into small pieces instead of large jagged chunks like conventional glass. Tempered glass is used in the windows of vehicles, entrance doors, racquetball courts, patio furniture, appliances and skylights. Conventional glass will break at 6,000 pounds per square inch (psi). Tempered glass will break at approximately 24,000 psi.
Pros of Frameless Shower Doors & Enclosures
• Glass shower doors allow you to highlight the tilework in your shower.
• There are different styles and textures to compliment your unique style and taste.
• Bathrooms with glass shower enclosures look brighter and feel larger.
• There are no frames to rust, corrode, collect soap scum and grime.
• The amount of mold and mildew is greatly reduced with frameless shower doors. There are less places for water to pool and encourage mold and mildew growth.
• These doors also last longer than their framed counterparts.
Glass Enclosure Safety Precautions
Huge sheets of gas can feel a bit unsafe for many homeowners. Precise installation is required to limit any imperfection that can be created during installation. The glass must be level and the brackets need to be installed correctly, otherwise the glass can crack and break. Hiring professionals ensures that the glass has been installed with precision and will be safe to use for years to come. How can I avoid breakage?
• Make sure that moving panels are securely attached to the door system.
• Make sure fasteners are tight and secure.
• Make sure the moving glass panel does not contact the wall or the metal. When the glass comes into contact with something it’s at more risk for breakage.
• Don’t use the shower door towel bars to help you get in and out of the shower.
• Look for chips or cracks from time to time. Look at the edges, notches and around the holes in the glass for hardware. If you find any damage, you need to have it replaced.
Residential & Commercial Window Films & More in Martinsburg, WV, Round Hill, VA, Gaithersburg, Maryland, Greater Eastern Panhandle Areas including Berkeley & Jefferson Counties, West Virginia
Are you ready to add some class to your bathroom with a frameless shower door? Contact ANE Window Tinting to see what our experts can do for you. We look forward to working with you!